dimanche 21 octobre 2007

Parckelle me rpd pa bcp






That, my friends, is MSN-speak (in French, obviously) for "She doesn't respond very much." I have finally made French friends! Yohan and Alex are students in Paris and they are more than happy to speak French with me. Yohan is not afraid to correct me when I make mistakes, which I really appreciate. Alex is pretty quiet, but also very nice. I've only hung out with them once so far, but I've been talking a lot online with Yohan, which is already helping my French. I'm learning a lot of slang, which is cool. He also tells me if I say something that is correct French, but not something people really say. For example (for you French speakers), instead of, "Je le trouve beau," a French-speaker would probably say, "Je le trouve trop mignon."









AND I went to Madrid last weekend to visit Brielle (was it really a whole week ago?!). We had craaazy fun, staying out until 6am to catch the first metro home both nights. Of course we woke up to do things during the day! I saw the bull-fighting arena, a gorgeous park, a museum, I ate a Spanish tortilla (basically just potatos and eggs, but so good), I took the metro by myself, I got laughed at by strangers while posing for a picture, it was a good time. I had to stay in a hotel cause the hostels were all booked, but it was alright. I'm making up for it this weekend by not having to pay for any sleeping arrangements when I go to London (visiting Gary), Bath (visiting Sarah), and Oxford (visiting Paul). Then I'm probably going to Switzerland or Germany for a couple days, then back to Paris because Brielle and Kelly are coming to visit. Sooooo excited!!!






Yesterday, my host mom's parents and brother came over for lunch because it was her mom's 80th birthday. They invited me to eat with them, which was totally unexpected, but really enjoyable. Her parents spoke very slowly and clearly, and I'm pretty sure the dad said he'd dined with an ex-president of Russia. Which is pretty sweet. I definitely wanna go to Russia some day. And they talked about their travels to India, another place I want to visit.






My last week of classes starts tomorrow! It's unbelievable. I have two days of class and then two days of exams and then that's it! No more class until I return to St. Mike's in January! Speaking of which, I've already planned out my schedule for next semester because registration is soon. Although Students Accounts is being totally ridiculous and not recognizing my $1600 scholarship from BU. So they said I have an outstanding balance, when really I have a credit. Bof, it'll get figured out. I'm not too worried.

Photo Links!
Bon, alors, gotta get up sort of early tomorrow, so it's off to bed for me. Bonne nuit, gros bisous!

3 commentaires:

Yohan a dit…

Hey babes!
Hope you're doing ok!

I'm gonna write in both french and english the following sentence to be sure you understand, hehe:

Alex told me he fancies you when you wear glasses!!
Alex m'a dit que tu lui plais quand tu portes tes lunettes :P

cooooooool!

xoxooxoxoxoxx miryam

yohan, the i-can't-help-talkin dude

Alex a dit…

C'est vrai, tu es mignonne avec tes p'tites lunettes (je ne parle pas anglais comme yohan car je sais que tu préfères que je te parle français)
ps: hope u're enjoying ur trip in London
xxxxxxxx

Anna a dit…

jerk, I can't believe you're done with classes while I slave away!

not really "slave away," exactly... half of my classes are a joke... well, probably more than half.

but still!

we must hang out come winter.